About the Multidisciplinary Design Project
The MDP, started in September 2003, is a project undertaken as part of the undergraduate teaching program being run by the Cambridge-MIT Institute, whose primary aim is to collate and develop new teaching material to support multidisciplinary projects in Universities.
Using the experience already gained at MIT and CUED in running mechtronics projects, combined with assistance, advice and resources from other universities, individuals and companies around the world the MDP is :
- Generating resource packs for running multidisciplinary course
- Collating design support material
- Developing a support website
- Developing the EDaL disk system
- Investigating new pedagogical methods for project based learning
- Developing a new microcontroller sor teaching
- Enhance the current courses at MIT and CUED
- Develop resources suitable as a basis for inter-university /trans continent projects
It is planned that all the material developed will eventually be released into the public domain.
The project programme is evolving as material is made available and with feedback from collaborators. If you have any comments or interest to become involved please email either Prof. Alex Slocum (email@example.com) or Dr. Peter Long (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Preliminary Poster on MDP EDaL Disk - MDP_Resource_Poster.pdf (6 MB PDF)
Provisional Specification for Balloon Microcontroller Board - mdp_balloon_spec.pdf (400k PDF)