CMI Multidisciplinary Design Project
Welcome to the Multidisciplinary Design Project (MDP) Website. The MDP is part of a Cambridge-MIT Institute (CMI) programme to develop teaching resources to enhance undergraduate teaching.The project has had many aspects, the main included here are the
The MDP's Engineer's Desktop and Library (EDaL) system.This a primarily available as a DVD (but also a CD and a USB image) which has been developed to offer users a suite of 'free' programs and resources aimed at helping them to undertake cross-discipline engineering projects.
- A PDF of the draft handbook.
- A restricted copy* of the manuals and library sections of the EDaL system
- Poster of the primary aspects of the EDaL system
Microcomputer SystemAs part of the MDP project a low cost, high power Linux based microcontroller has been developed inconjuction with the BalloonBoard community. The designs are open, but the system can be purchased from a company run by members of the open source community.
If you would like to contact the MDP team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Primary Investigators directly at:
Alex Slocum Peter Long E-mail: email@example.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing Address:
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
University of Cambridge
Department of Engineering
Cambridge CB2 1PZ
Telephone: +1 (617) 452-2275 Telephone: +44 1223 3 32779 Fax: +1 (617) 258-6427 Fax: +44 1223 3 32662
The website is maintained to:-
- Enable interested parties to discover some of the items available on the disk.
- Enable exisiting users, who do not have their EDaL system to hand, to access similar data, if not the programs available on the disc.
- Enable users to check the resources as they are improved.
*NB The web copy of the resources does not contain all the manuals, library documents and resources that are available on the EDaL system itself. Please contact the Primary Investigators if you wish to obtain further information.