- Introduction - what fracture mechanics is all about and how various aspects of tradtional safety appraisal relate to it.
- Linear Elastic Fracture Mechanics ( LEFM ) : introduction to the elastic stress field in front of a crack - the field's implications and its intensity. Fracture toughness as a measure of resistance to cracking.
- The influence of plasticity on the stress field in front of the crack tip; perfectly plastic behaviour.
- Elastic-plastic interaction - an introduction to yielding fracture mechanics.
- A brief introduction to crack growth kinetics at the atomic level. ( Adobe Acrobat is required to view this .pdf page )
Copyright 1999-2005 Douglas Wright,
last updated May 2005