This CD/DVD/USB aims to contain versions of most of the software that an engineer requires. Most of the included applications are open-source (licensed under a free software license such as the GPL) and sometimes do not have all the functionality of a commercial package but are still very useful tools. The collection of software is continually being enhanced/supplemented and new support material is being added (e.g. a CFD package will potentially be added in the next release).
Note - This version of the system does not yet contain all the material. Items indicated (tbc) are "To Be Completed"
- Octave (Numerically calculations - mstly compatible with MATLAB)
- Scidavis (Scientific spreadsheet/plotting)
- Grace (2D Plotting for BW publication)
- wxMaxima (Algebra/Symbolic Manipulation)
- gpiv (Particle Image Velocimetry)
- Aster (FEA Package - from Salome-Meca)
- Manual (html) Note: Automatic French-English translation
- See Application Help (F1)
- FlightGear (Aircraft simulator)
- gEDA suite
- Electronics Optimizer - See Application Help (F1)
- Xoscope (Screen based oscilloscope)
- Ktechlab (Electronic/PIC design and simulation)
- Piklab (IDE for PIC processors)
- gcc (C/C++ compilers)
- g77 & gfortran (F77/F90 & F95 compilers)
- Brandy (BBC Basic)
- BrickOS (Lego Programming for RSX processor)
- MDP_Rolecks (ARM Assembler Emulator)
- Inkscape (2D [3D] illustration package)
- Dia (2D Technical drawings - circuits/UML/..)
- QCad(2D CAD)
- Chemtool (2D Chemical structures)
- Blender ( 3D VRML )
- Salome ( 3D CAD - Geometry entry for Salome-Meca )
- ghemical (3D Chemical structures)
- Pro/E Wildfire 3 (Commercial 3D CAD)
- CUED Mini-manual (Wildfire 3) (pdf) - Quick Reference Guide (pdf) - Hints on the use of Pro/E for Sheet Metal Design (pdf)
- Tutorial - this was
originally written as a companion to the first year CAD course run at
CUED. The individual sections are designed as short introductory
practicals for home study to allow students to become familiar with
particular Pro/Engineer functionality prior to coursework sessions.
- Part I - Introduction Overview of CAD and one approach to constructing components within ProEngineer.
- Part II - Parts - Worked Examples Simple part construction and 2-D drawing.
- Part III - Assemblies - Worked Examples Simple static assemblies, use of predefined parts, assembly drawings.
NB ProEngineer is only available on some editions of the CD. Currently, you must provide a license or license server for ProE to operate. Please contact your Parametric Technology Corporation contact/reseller for further information